More Than Words – the name really says it all. Since forming my company in 1996, I have partnered with businesses, organizations and nonprofits of all sizes to help market their brand – effectively and efficiently. My award-winning strategic services include copywriting; public relations; project management; creative and production oversight; social media implementation; media planning…and 30+ years of experience!
To learn more about how we can partner to better your brand, contact me today.
Nancy Cardillo – More Than Words
I was born and raised in Rochester, NY. At age four, I could read the newspaper. No kidding, my mom had pictures. By second grade, I was correcting the teacher’s spelling. For reasons I did not understand, Sister didn’t seem to appreciate the help as much as I thought she would. After all, she always corrected us in front of the entire class. Throughout grammar and high school, I read voraciously. That didn’t go over too well in gym class.
I was entering high school as Watergate was taking place, and was fascinated by the whole media process that ensued. I took a Journalism course in my senior year (after acing typing class in tenth grade). I’d found my career!! I was going to be the next “Woodstein.” I was going to travel the world and cover important stories for all to read. I was going to work for major newspapers on both coasts. I was going to see my byline in print.
Then I took an advertising course.
And, then, seriously, I did find my true calling. No really, this time I truly meant it (much to the dismay of my Journalism professors). I was stuck on Band-Aids! I was cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! I wanted to write ADS. And get PAID for it, to boot! That’s how the dream got started.
I received an AAS degree in Journalism from SUNY Morrisville and a BS degree in Public Relations/ Journalism from Utica College of Syracuse University.
Over the past 30+ years, my diverse background has included experience in many facets of the advertising and public relations industries. While my focus has always been on writing, I have also served in account service, creative director and public relations positions, both on the client and agency sides of the business, and in Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo, NY.
My award-winning copywriting includes videos, DVDs, brochures, ads, websites, blogs, social media, radio and TV commercials, direct mail, newsletters, articles, press releases and more – anything that requires words! – for a diverse client base.
But, as my company name indicates, I can provide more than words. I help clients strategize. I develop and implement integrated marketing and public relations plans. I concept, create and deliver full-blown campaigns. I show clients how to spend their money wisely to get the desired results. I partner with my clients, bringing in the right team (when required) to get the job done on time, on budget and on target.
Awards & Accolades
Awards look nice on shelves and walls. A portfolio full of finished samples is satisfying. But, to me, the greatest award is when a client calls again, looking for my help with another project. That says more to me than any plaque ever could.
That said, here’s the list:
- Co-author, In Our Own Words, a tribute to the first 40 years of Morrisville State College’s Journalism Department
- Frequent college-level speaker on related industry topics
- Recipient: Silver Excalibur Award, Buffalo/Niagara Chapter, Public Relations Society of America
- Recipient: National Telly Awards (3): Fisher-Price Developmental DVD Series
- Recipient: National Telly Award (1): Fisher-Price Playtips Video
- Recipient: Gold, Silver, Bronze Awards, WNY ADDY Awards
- Recipient: Professional Communicators of WNY Service Award and American Advertising Federation’s Crystal Prism Award
- Recipient: Gold Excalibur Award, Buffalo/Niagara Chapter, Public Relations Society of America
- Past member, American Red Cross/Buffalo Chapter, Communications Committee
- Past president/ board member, Brainstorm – The Communicators Club of Buffalo, Inc.
- Past president/board member, Professional Communicators of WNY (ProCom)
- Past editor, THE COMMUNICATOR (ProCom’s bimonthly newsletter)
- Founding member, Advertising Council of Buffalo
- Past member, Advertising Council of Rochester
- Volunteer docent, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin D. Martin Complex, Buffalo, NY
- Founding co-organizer, Advertising Club of Buffalo Student Portfolio Program
One of the things I love most about what I do for a living is that it exposes me to so many different types of businesses, organizations, people and lifestyles. I can write about – or promote – anything from boron carbide nozzles to cancer, from healthcare to recycling to technology, from addiction to plastics, from desserts to dating to burial and cremation. And, believe me, I have! The phrase, “If you want something done, give it to the busiest person in the room,” is true in my case. So very true.
Thanks to the wonders of technology, I have done work for clients with geographic footprints all over the world…for clients I’ve never met, but with whom I have established mutually-satisfying working relationships.
I have accumulated box upon box (and e-file upon e-file) of samples. I could post some of my best work on this website…but viewing samples online is a lot like online dating: you know you’ll get a more realistic idea in person.
My least favorite kind of writing is writing about myself. The best way to determine whether I’m the person for your company or organization is to sit down with me, face to face, to determine if we’re a “match.”
Partial Client List
- Alliance Homes
- Beechwood Continuing Care
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Buffalo Animal Shelter
- The Buffalo News
- Buffalo Spree Magazine
- Coldwell Banker Europe
- Computer Task Group
- Cornell University
- Dawn Bakery Products
- Delaware North Companies
- Dining Out For Life/Evergreen Health
- Eastman Kodak
- Erie County Industrial Development Agency (ECIDA)
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (Buffalo Episode) – Working through David Homes, I was the lead PR person on the ground when Extreme Makeover: Home Edition filmed an episode in Buffalo NY
- Eye Care & Vision Associates
- The Forest Lawn Group
- Genesee Community College
- Gilda’s Club Western New York
- Gilda’s Club Worldwide
- Great Lakes Electronic Distribution
- Great Pumpkin Farm
- Greater Buffalo Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Hard Rock Cafe (International)
- Hasek’s Heroes
- Hemophilia Center of WNY
- Horizon Health Services
- HSBC Bank, USA
- In Good Health
- Inspire Dental Group
- Kaleida Health
- Lab Aids Inc.
- M&T Bank
- People Inc.
- Rich Products
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Theatre of Youth (TOY)
- University at Buffalo
- Villa Maria College
- West Herr Automotive Group
- Xerox Corp.